Fly Me to the Moon
A grant program for young people affected by cystic fibrosis and other chronic illness.
About the grant
Providing care that enhances life
Those with chronic illnesses often need special equipment and resources to keep their health to the highest standards. Fly Me to the Moon provides young beneficiaries with the tools needed to live life to the fullest so they know they are more than their illness.
- Medical equipment
- Home health care
- Adjunct therapy
Fly Me to the Moon is available to those who:
- Are a child or young adult diagnosed with a chronic illness and in need of a medical intervention that will significantly improve that individual’s quality of life.
- Have completed the Fly Me To the Moon Grant Application, Medical Care Team Letter of Referral, and current prescription or sufficient documentation for the medical device or service needed.
- *At this time, pharmacological therapies are not eligible for fulfillment under the Fly Me to the Moon grant.
How to apply
We look forward to playing amongst the stars with you! To apply, please follow these steps:
- Download and complete the Fly Me to the Moon Grant Application
- Obtain a letter of referral from a member of your medical care team (i.e. physician, social worker, etc.) stating why you need the medical device or service applied for. A signature and date are required.
- If selected as a beneficiary, LMFF will request a prescription or other sufficient documentation where appropriate for the medical device or service applied for. *If such documentation cannot be produced, eligibility for the grant may be forfeited.
- Please send both the completed Fly Me to the Moon Grant Application and the medical care team letter of referral to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission of this application grants permission for the Lea Marie Faraone Foundation to email you.
Fly Me to the Moon Stories
Meet our Fly Me To The Moon Grant Recipients
7 year-old Raelynn C., lives with Cystic Fibrosis just outside of Louisiana, […]
The Lea Marie Faraone Foundation surprised 10-year-old cystic fibrosis patient and Fox […]
The Lea Marie Faraone Foundation surprised 10-year-old cystic fibrosis patient, Joey Miller […]
Why Wait for Wings?
Apply for Fly Me to the Moon
If a young person you know is eligible for our grant program, we invite you to apply and share your story. We can’t wait to hear from you!